Supply Chain Operations Manager
Beauty Manufacturing Solutions Corp. (BMSC) is a high-growth US contract manufacturer of beauty, baby care and personal care products for top brands worldwide. We are committed to manufacturing personal care products of the highest quality that promote better living. We strive for continuous progress in the research and development of innovative products, while building lasting relationships with our customers.
Responsible for the successful and efficient operation of the Warehouse, Preweigh and Shipping Departments. The position will manage a team of three department supervisors in the successful operation of shipping, production support, and distribution The position will operate as part of a team, internally with other departments, and externally with customers and suppliers to accomplish company goals and department KPI’s.
- Ensures the daily production of each department meets or exceeds the required scheduled items as developed the Scheduling and Sales Department and their customer’s need.
- Ensures that quality standards are met or exceeded daily so as to meet or exceed the company Quality standards.
- Ensures that Safety is the first priority and leads team members to maintain the highest levels of safety and build a safe work place environment, accentuating the team’s wellbeing is a top priority.
- Works with other departments to ensure that Project goals and expectations can be met.
- Ensures that each department is providing accurate information in the X3 system as it pertains to the respective department.
- Supervises and coordinates each department, helping them obtain the tools and assets needed to successfully operate and meet or exceed company expectations..
- Ensures that each department is maintaining all required reports and KPI reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Works in close support with the VP of Supply Chain & Director of Logistics in orchestrating and coordinating so that Upper management and Corporate projects are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures each department maintains a safe and clean work environment at all times by following the GMP and SOP guidelines.
- Ensures Supply Chain employees follow and abide by the Company Employee Manual at all times.
- Assists and trains each department supervisors in coaching, counseling, and other HR endeavors as needed, so to keep each department fully staffed and operating efficiently.
- Represents each department in higher level meetings so to be able to distribute out projects based on each department’s strengths.
- Investigate critical shortages or overages to determine root cause, so as to avoid making the same error.
- Owns and leads special projects as assigned.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in Departments when necessary in daily operations.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Coordinates each department Supply Orders through the MRO buyer..
- Employee reviews, and disciplinary action write ups as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- 7 or more years work experience in CPG manufacturing.
- Ability to read and understand formulas, procedures, SOPS, and GMP’s.
- Strong math and computer skills.
- Good recordkeeping, and Data entry skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain and operation management.
- Organized and analytical
- Self- motivated
- Team player
- Detailed oriented.
- Collaborative and team oriented.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- Stand/remain upright for periods of up to 4 hours at a time.
- Bend, squat, kneel, turn, and stoop.
- Good eye/hand coordination.
- Able to sit for periods of up to 4 hrs. at a time, and operate in a warehouse environment
- Able to read and interpret complex documents.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- College degree preferred but prior experience considered.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Willing to contribute to a productive and cooperative atmosphere, show commitment to team objectives, handle day-to-day work challenges, and manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to lead people and form an effective team to accomplish company goals.
- Prior experience in a supply chain and manufacturing environment is highly desired.